Skrill is one of the most well-known e-wallets and it is accepted for deposits and withdrawals in a wide range of online casinos around the world.
In addition to using Skrill to gamble online, a Skrill e-wallet will also let you do things such as transfer money to friends & family, make deposits into your other online accounts (e.g. forex trading account, CFD trading account, stock investment account, etc), receive payments for goods and services, and buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Skrill is available in 200+ countries and supports around 40 different currencies, plus several cryptocurrencies.
Skrill is offering a prepaid MasterCard for the Eurozone. With such a card, it becomes very easy to use money in your Skrill account to pay for goods and services online and offline, and you can even withdraw cash from the ATM.
It is possible to open a multicurrency Skrill account, to avoid unnecessary currency conversions.
The mobile app
It is possible to use Skrill directly in the web browser, but there are also mobile apps available for iOS and Android.
How to open a Skrill account
Opening a Skrill account is not difficult, but you will need an email address or a mobile phone number to tie to the Skrill account.
Go to the official Skrill site and select Register. Then, simply follow the instructions and enter your personal information as required. You will for instance be required to enter your name and your country, and also select a currency for the account. After adding a password, it will time to click on” Register now” to complete the process.
The first time you sign in to your new Skrill account, you will be asked to set up a security PIN.
How can I deposit into my Skrill account?
Before you can use your Skrill account to deposit money into your casino account, you must of course make sure that there is enough money in your Skrill account to complete the transfer.
Several different deposit methods are accepted, including bank transfer, Trustly and certain credit/debit cards. You can also use competing e-wallets such as Neteller, or transfer the money from a prepaid Paysafecard. It is even possible to transfer Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash into your Skrill account.
What does it cost to use Skrill for casino deposits & withdrawals?
A downside with Skrill is that the fee structure is so complex and multifaceted. Sometimes, the same transaction can be done in at least two different ways, with two completely different costs attached. Skrill is trying to fill every niche and they are offering a lot of handy services, but unfortunately it has resulted in a rather complicated web of fees and semi-hidden costs.
Therefore, it is important that you visit Skrill and check up exactly what your normal casino transactions would cost, before you decide to use Skrill. Factors such as your country and the legal location of the casino and its bank account can have a big impact.
Here are a few basics to keep in mind:
- Opening a Skrill account is free.
- Skrill typically charges a deposit fee when you deposit money into your Skrill account, but – depending on your location – you might be able to avoid the fee by choosing the right deposit method. In some parts of the world, a direct bank transfer will not be charged a Skrill deposit fee. Also note that a special fee structure applies in the USA.
- The Skrill withdrawal fee can be fixed or depend on the size of the withdrawal. It depends chiefly on location and selected method. A client will for example pay a 7.5% fee for a withdrawal to VISA within the Eurozone, and 1.45% (minimum €0.50) for withdrawals to a mobile wallet. An ATM withdrawal with Skrill Prepaid MasterCard in the Eurozone costs 1.75%. When the fee is fixed, it is €5.5 in most cases.
- Domestic transfers can cost up to 2% of the transferred amount, while international transfers can – in some cases – be made without charge if there is no currency conversion.
- For an international transfer through Skrill-to-Skrill that involves currency conversion, Skrill adds a 3.99% fee over the Reuters exchange rate. In some cases, it is possible to use Skrill Money Transfer instead and get a better deal.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to bring the costs down by signing up for Skrill´s loyalty and affiliate programs.